Tasting - Rossini

 The next wine I tried was a little different and out of the normal context of what is a typical wine. I tried the Trader Joes Secco Strawberry and Raspberry Rossini which is described as a sparkling grape wine with natural flavors. It is produced in Germany and imported by Latitude Wines in Danville, California. It was $5.99 and my mom got it for me and now I have a reason to try it! First impressions are that it is a little thicker than other wines and has a little sparkle to it. With the thickness, I think it coats my mouth a little more than others. It has strong smells of strawberry and raspberry, just as the bottle says and less of that traditional "wine smell". It is more on the sweeter side that I tend to gravitate more and the strawberry is the primary taste while raspberry is the secondary. As the fruity notes are evident, I think this would pair well with chocolate, especially dark and I like that it has a few bubbles but not overwhelming because sometimes with a Prosecco or Champagne, it hurts my stomach because it is so carbonated. This also reminds me of a seltzer or mixed drink. From the book on page 265, I looked into the section on German wines since this one was produced in Germany. Something that stuck out to me was the four best wine producing regions are Rheinhessen, Rheingau, Mosel, and Pfalz and Rheinhessen specifically produces wines with summer fruits. I would assume that is where this wine is from because I could not find a specific place or date. This one was very sweet and I don't know if I could drink more than a class or two but I would definitely have it for dessert!


https://www.becomebetty.com/trader-joes-secco-strawberry-and-raspberry-rossini/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tasting - Pinot Grigio

Tasting - Brut Rose