Tasting - Cabernet Sauvignon

 For my first wine tasting, me and my friend Masan did a wine tasting and had it with dinner. We made garlic steak bites, green beans, and roasted potatoes, paired with a Cabernet Sauvignon from Knotty Vines. It was priced at $9.99 from Kroger, such a steal especially on a college students budget, and is from 2019 in California. As the book describes on page 66, Cabernets come from the North Coast of California in Napa, Sonoma, Mendocino, and Lake. It was also interesting to read that being the top grapes planted in Sonoma, the third most is Cabernet Sauvignon. The meatiness of the steak and cherry aromas of the wine paired well together, especially for someone who does not typically enjoy red wine like myself. I think drinking this wine with food helped me to enjoy the taste a lot more because it wasn't the only thing I was tasting with it. Combining it with the food helped to not keep that taste in my mouth lingering for an extended period of time. Using grapes from the common grape vine, the wine was very smooth and went down easy whereas some reds are so strong and dry that I flinch when I drink it. After reading reviews from Vivino.com, I agree with much that was said, especially of the cherry and ripe fruit tastes. Another food I would be curious to try this wine with would be chocolate because I did get some dark fruit notes that I think would been enjoyed well with dark chocolate. This is a wine I would definitely buy again and I would be curious to explore whether it is the brand I enjoy or the type of wine itself, maybe I am liking red wine more than I thought. 



https://www.vivino.com/US/en/knotty-vines-cabernet-sauvignon/w/7557225?year=2019#all_reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tasting - Rossini

Tasting - Rosé

Tasting - Brut Rose