Tasting - Sauvignon Blanc

 For my next wine tasting, I had Sauvignon Blanc from Josh Cellars. It has been aged since 2021 and from California, specifically the North Coast and Paso Robles regions. I got it from Kroger and it was $10.99 and I found it interesting to learn in class that just because a wine is cheaper does not mean it will be bad because a lot of my experience has been cheaper wine and I have been happy with my choices. This Sauvignon Blanc is one of the major California white wine grapes. On page 94 of the book, the author describes how these grapes are used a lot in France and New Zealand which is interesting because I never would have thought that grapes able to be grown here are needed in France because France is such a big wine country. I had this wine with buffalo chicken dip (haha) which was not ideal and did not match, but I read that it pairs well with salmon and I LOVE salmon so that will be next to try. Many of the reviews I read comment how it is dry and another big word was easy, as well as an overall nice wine, very positive reviews. As in my first post, I tend to drink more sweet wines so I am excited to expand my pallet. At the first smell, I got some fruity notes but it was very slight. I enjoyed it chilled and it was much dryer than I was used to, opposed to a moscato, but definitely not as bitter or dry as I haver tried with my parents. When I first tried it, I did not have food and I enjoyed that it did not linger on my tongue very long and I didn't cringe when drinking it. Having it with a little snack, such as buffalo chicken dip, did not go as nicely because of the spicy of the buffalo and the dry wine just did not mix well. The dip over powers the wine and makes you forget all about it. Note to self now, never again with buffalo chicken dip! As opposed to the red wine I tried before, this goes down a little easier for me and it isn't as dry.



https://drizly.com/wine/white-wine/sauvignon-blanc/josh-cellars-sauvignon-blanc/p5213

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tasting - Pinot Grigio

Tasting - Rossini

Tasting - Brut Rose