Tasting - Carnelian Roussanne

 The second wine I tried this week was definitely a different one! It is a Carnelian Roussanne from Hillsborough Vineyards. It is made from 100% single variety Roussanne and is a dry white wine. It was produced and bottled by Hillsborough Vineyards in Purceville, Virginia which is not far from where I live! It is fun to taste a wine that came from close to home. That being said, it was gifted to my parents and they gave it to me when I came back to school so I am not sure how much it was or where it was purchased. Online it says it goes for an average of $28 and that is one of the more expensive ones I have tasted. From the reviews, people compare it to a Chardonnay and some people like this over Chardonnays. It also has some fruity notes, like apple and some more tropical tastes but has a smooth finish, the bottle describes as almost creamy. The book highlights how Northern Virginia is one of the fastest growing wine regions in the country (go us) and I believe that because within 30 minutes of me of less, there have to be 6 or 7 wineries, it is awesome (pg 106-107). The most popular grape in Virginia is Chardonnay and since people say this tastes like one, that makes a lot of sense since it is number 1! I feel like this would be a good dinner wine with some white fish or pork and some vegetables so I will have to try that sometime. Me and my roommate finished this whole bottle last night so it was obviously one of the better ones I have tried!




https://www.vivino.com/US/en/hillsborough-carnelian-roussanne-virginia/w/244294 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tasting - Pinot Grigio

Tasting - Rossini

Tasting - Brut Rose