Tasting - Moscato

 This wine I am reviewing is one of my favorites but now with all this terminology and knowledge, I can dive deeper into it! Barefoot Moscato is one of my go to's because of how sweet and crisp it is. It is a white wine from California with notes of peach to compliment the sweetness. It is also very cheap which is great for a college student on a budget, only $7.99! This wine is produced in Modesto, California, and was originally created in the early 1960s by Davis Bynum in Alameda County, just east of San Francisco. Moscatos are made from the Muscat grape, which is a table grape also used for raisins. I was able to make the connection from the lectures that the sweetness is due to a high sugar content in the wine. I could not find any information in the book about this type of wine but reviews online are great! People tend to love how easy it is to drink, which can also be dangerous, and the sweetness of it and how well it pairs with cheese and some desserts. My birthday is in the summer so I remember from this past birthday of being outside at the pool all day then having a glass or two and it was so chilled and refreshing to have after a day in the sun which I feel like can't be said about a lot of wines. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tasting - Pinot Grigio

Tasting - Rossini

Tasting - Brut Rose