Tasting - Prosecco

For something new this week, one of the wines I tasted was Prosecco! The brand was Josh Cellars and that is the same brand as the Sauvignon Blanc I tried earlier in the semester. It was $14.99 at Kroger and is a product of Italy. From the book on page 210, Prosecco can be produced throughout the country of Italy, but there is a clear region where Prosecco production is focused. Those regions are the Veneto and Friuli Venezia Giulia regions of northwest Italy. Before trying this specific brand of Prosecco, I was most familiar with the brand La Marca which the book describes as an easy to find Prosecco producer (pg 289). The grape variety used Glera, an Italian variety and in order to make the Prosecco, wine-makes use what is called the Chairman method which means a second fermentation takes place in a huge tank (pg 289). I tend to really like Prosecco because of the sparkling quality to it and the fruity taste that I get - it isn't as harsh to me and I think there is a lot that can be done with it. From his own website, Josh Cellars describes the scents of pear, green apples, and citrus. My mom really likes to have it out to dinner but us college kids love to make mimosas with it. Some reviews of the wine also agreed that is it such a light beverage and can be drank on its own or in a mimosa and tastes great either way. It was also noted that it is relatively a cheap Prosecco but is a good because it tastes nice if you need to budget a little bit. After tasting this brand I would like to compare it to La Marca to see the similarities and differences!




 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tasting - Pinot Grigio

Tasting - Rossini

Tasting - Brut Rose