Tasting - Rosé

 This past Friday, the wine I tasted was a Rosé from Whispering Angel. It is from Côtes de Provence, Provence, France which is in Southeastern France and the region is known for its wine making and specifically making delicious Rosés. As I learned from this past lecture, Rosé can be made from any type of red grape but this specific one is made from Grenache, Cinsault and Rolle (Vermentino) grapes. It is from 2021 and was purchased at Wegmans for $24.99. When I think of Rosé, I think of fruity and floral notes, and that what was also described in the wine wheel I learned about this week. This specific wine however was a little more on the drier side I think, not as sweet as I expected but I still enjoyed it. A few reviews from this website, https://drizly.com/wine/rose-wine/whispering-angel-rose/p19586, also found that it was a drier Rosé than expected, but this one had a few more negative reviews than other wines I have looked at. Some said the price was excessive which I would be curious to know if it really is excessive. I thought it was interesting to read about the French control laws on wine production on page 118 of the book. The laws set minimum requirements for wine making and they control things such as alcohol content and grape variety which is something I never thought of being a thing. I'd be curious to dive deeper into the text and learn about the US laws on that, if there are any.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tasting - Pinot Grigio

Tasting - Rossini

Tasting - Brut Rose