Tasting - Brut Rose

 Next, I tried Chandon Brut Rose. It is a sparkling varietal. I tend to like Rose, I had it a lot when I went to London over spring break! Located in Napa Valley, California, the winemakers use a blend of the three traditional grape varietals used in Champagne — Chardonnay, Pinot Noir and Pinot Meunier; the Pinot giving the wine a nice deep salmon color in the glass. The grapes are harvested at night to keep the fruit cool and preserve the freshness. Harvest is early August to retain acidity. This was given as a gift so I am unsure of the price! Online, the 750 mL seems to go for $22-25. Based on reviews, this seems to be a very popular wine getting very good reviews. People say it is very well priced and holds up for days in the fridge when properly stored and tastes just as nice. Many called it the perfect summer wine and commented on the freshness and lightness. Like I said, I like Rose and I also like bubbly's so I figured I would like this and I did. The color was beautiful and it was very light and airy. After reading the comments about how it held up well, I tried it for myself and waited two days to drink the rest and it tasted the exact same. From the book, it is a summer wine that pairs well with salmon and burgers so perfect for a grill night! It is light and has notes of strawberry and pomegranate. 



https://www.totalwine.com/wine/champagne-sparkling-wine/sparkling-wine/rose/chandon-california-rose-sparkling-wine/p/35385750

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tasting - Pinot Grigio

Tasting - Rossini