Tasting - Pinot Grigio

 The first wine I tasted this week was Il Casato Pinot Grigio Valdadige. It is from 2020 and the winery name is Il Casato. The grapes used are 100% Pinot Grigio from the Northern Italy region go Trentino-Alto Adige and the alcohol content is 13%. I purchased it at Wegmans when I was home for $10.99. It got positive reviews as many said it was a nice dry wine but also fresh with some notes of honey and apple. I have found that apple and pear have been common themes in wines. Many people also said they tasted green bell pepper which I thought was interesting to read and very different. When refrigerated, it tasted very crisp and I almost want to compare it to a Moscato because it was so refreshing to drink and I could taste the fruity notes in it, but not so much bell pepper or honey. I think this would be a nice wine to have with a light salad or a charcuterie board. From the book, I learned this is the most popular white grape in Italy but called Pinot Gris in France and it is a user-friendly wine and one of the most popular ones that people use as a go to. It goes well with summery dishes, like seafood and salads or pasta and to avoid heavy cream dishes. 




https://www.vivino.com/US/en/il-casato-valdadigo-pinot-grigio-valdadige/w/7193838?year=2020


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tasting - Pinot Grigio

Tasting - Rossini

Tasting - Brut Rose